Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tagged under: , , , , , , ,

Beginner's Introduction



Hi,

My name is Parash and I am a student at the University of Northern Iowa. I am starting to blog about my upcoming adventure to Turkey and also plan on writing about other travel and experience I have had. My plan is to write actively which has never happened before. So I do not want to make promises yet.

Over next few months, I will be living in Istanbul, the world's most cosmopolitan city. Going to a school there and spending my time in two continents simultaneously will be a dream come true for me.

My host institution is Bahcesehir University and is located right on the edge of Bosporus on the Europen side. I will be staying few miles away from the campus but since they have a very extensive public transportation system, I do not feel that the distance will be a problem. We will see how everything goes.

I leave in exactly seven days from today.  I will be bidding adieu to Cedar Falls until late July. I have a lot of preparation to do but it does not feel like leaving yet. This place is very cold now but it will be absolutely pretty in few weeks. My past two spring in Cedar Falls were amazing and I know for sure that it has more to provide soon.

Overall, I am ready for this adventure. I am excited about Turkish food and the culture. Hope that not knowing Turkish language is not going to be a disadvantage. Keep sending me wishes and prayers. I will update you on my trips. Hope you will be able to see Istanbul through my posts.


0 comments:

Post a Comment